Hi everyone! Our first week in the field was great! Whitney and I had so much fun working with the students and teaching our lesson. The students were very well behaved and receptive. They asked when we could teach them more about Ancient Greece. This subject has been fun to learn about. However, we happen to have two boy geniuses in the class that seem to know a heck of a lot more about the subject than I do. So, I am learning from the students as well!
Our cooperating teacher is wonderful. She is such a great example for me. I love how she can control the classroom, yet have such a kind and patient manner about her. She has been very easy to work with. It is a lot of fun because she keeps us busy copying papers, correcting things, and doing reading groups. My favorite part is when I take a small group to the library and help with reading. We read the book that they are reading in class and then work on summarizing the chapters. The students try so hard. They love the book so much that they don't want to stop when it is time to go back to class. They even skip their bathroom and drink breaks to keep reading the story. I LOVE it! I look forward to teaching more lessons!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ancient Greek Top Five
Learning the countries cartoon
Watch this video and be prepared to label 10 countries on a map.
3 comments:
Sound like you have an amazing class. That's awesome! It's so much fun being out in the classroom teaching. I don't want to go back, but at the same time I am excited to see everyone again and share all of our experiences. See you soon Lora.
Hi Lora,
It sounds like you're having a great experience. It's so fun to be in the trenches with the kids. With all of your background experience, I know you'll be an accomplished teacher someday.
I had the same experience Lora! I learned from the students while I was teaching them about the Legislative Branch. It sounds like your experience is going very well! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment